The Festival will take place across Greater Manchester between the 2nd and 15th July 2018 and will be a celebration of positive and diverse images of ageing.
The festival is being co-ordinated by a partnership of five groups, 4CT (a charity in Manchester), HMR Circle (in Rochdale), MMU Age Friendly Team, Persona (in Bury) and Wigan Athletic Community Trust. Funding has been provided through the Ambition for Ageing programme which is a lottery funded programme through GMCVO.
The festival will consist of a range of events and activities over the festival fortnight:
· Launch event in Manchester city centre on Monday 2nd July 2018
· Borough events in Salford, Wigan, Bury, Bolton, Tameside, Rochdale and Oldham
· Finale event in Manchester city centre on Sunday 15th July
· Lots of small neighbourhood events and activities across Greater Manchester
Groups and individual older people (anyone aged 50+) can get involved in the next few months:
· If you have an activity for older people in Greater Manchester between 2nd and 15th July you can register the event with us – we will include the details in the festival programme and for the first 500 to register we will send you a pack to help your event
· Older people can register and will receive a festival programme and a ‘easy access’ wristband – the wristband will give priority access to the launch event and borough events
· Want to organise an activity in the festival fortnight? We might be able to help with our ‘One Small Thing’ scheme – you can apply for us to pay a bill on your behalf to help your event – we could pay for room hire or catering or an instructor, we welcome your ideas
· Volunteer to help at a borough or city centre event and be one of our Festival Champions helping to run the events and signposting visitors
· We are looking for groups / performers for the events and for a ‘talent’ show as part of the festival
DETAILS will follow shortly – follow us on
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org